Saturday, May 21, 2011

GF review: Kind Bars


Finding a healthy, yummy , GF snacks that don't rely on prepared GF bread or chips for me is hard. I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate well made GF bread , however its not an everyday snack or even a staple in most my meals. My preferences could make it hard on myself. I could probably make toast or eat safe chips, but I digress...

When I started this whole celiac journey I met this lovely girl named Val. She is probably one of the most caring people in the entire world and ALWAYS ALWAYS thinks of what others need long before what she needs. Well I had barley just met her and she was sending me texts telling me about kind bars. I was okay Ill look them up. I was in the thick of finals , so it took me a while. When I finally tasted some yummy flavors( probably from her house :) ) I was in love.

KIND"S all all fruit and nut healthy bars. They are made with all natural ingredients( no chemical additives, high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils) to make a body stronger and healthier-and every single one is gluten free. And don't worry they don't taste like saw dust. With flavors like peanut butter dark chocolate(protein), cranberry almond(antioxidant), dark chocolate cherry cashew (antioxidant) and pomegranate blueberry pistachio you are going to be sneaking these every chance.

I love them and for me they give me the extra protein and calorie boost I need in my meals. Gluten free can feel limiting but it just takes some practice, sleuth skills and some good friends. So whether you are GF or not try these yummy yummy bars out. If you live in the east bay near me look at REI, Target, some gas stations, Costco, Starbucks, vitamin shoppe and apparently Fry's electronics lol! I also found them at a lot of shops on campus at SFSU. SO just keep your eyes open.

And a kind bar should be in my GF goodie basket for this months giveaway! Don't forget to sign up on my giveaway post for a chance , spread awareness and donate if you can. Go here to hear more about my giveaway http://elephanthour.blogspot.com/2011/05/may-awarness-celiac-awareness-and.html.

No comments: