Thursday, May 5, 2011

GF: Cinco de Mayo soup



I wanted to make something easy enough for anyone to make...like maybe a college student with limited resources..oh wait that's me !!

Honestly its easy and took only a few ingredients! I did not have to go out to buy anything and that is saying something. Try it out and let me know.

Ingredients:

1. 2 cups corn (canned or frozen)
2. 3/4 cup soy milk or other non-dairy
3. 1 teaspoon chipotle or chilli powder
4. salt and pepper to taste
5.1 tablespoon olive oil
6. 1 yellow onion, diced
7. 1 red ( or any color really) Bell pepper


Cookin' Time:

1.Chop onion and bell pepper into cubes and saute in pan with olive oil. Cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add the spices..mmmm spicy!! I do this all to taste because some like it hot!
3. Add corn ( puree before and have extra corn on hand to add extra whole kernels to the mix) and add non-dairy milk into the pan.
4. Let it boil on medium and then serve!

** I added garlic because I always do and I added some black beans at the end for some more sustenance..I suggest this!! Also I have heard of people adding a little broth to it too, but I have not tried that.**


cheers
nic

** Don't forget to spread the word about celiac awareness month , sign up for y giveaway and donate if you can**

No comments: