Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Amor Fati

A while ago someone told me about the phrase Amor Fati, mealing love you fate. I looked it up and it is a Latin phrase from Nietzsche. It like an attitude where you look at your life and everything that happens good and bad as something good. Its about our ultimate purpose and the journey getting there. Its about acceptance of the things that happen.
He write in an article saying:
" I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; the I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amore fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole : some day I wish to be the only Yes-Sayer"
Also he writes..
" My formula for greatness in a human is Amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. No merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it-all idealism is mendaciousness in the face of what is necessary-but love it."

Thank you for showing me this it helped me today. Life happens and we cannot stop it. Lets stop fighting anger will give us wrinkles and too much stress. This happened and regardless of the outcome neither of us want the other in pain. In this moment, right now, that is good enough. And each day I will remember this phrase and remember that my life is a thing of beauty as is every ones. Mistakes help us learn; that is beautiful. Fights help us learn ; that is beautiful. Pain helps us grown; that is beautiful. Imperfections and insecurities make us human; that is beautiful.

I have realized when you are in the middle of a problem it seems worse than it is. It sits on your heart and weighs down your limbs. Take a breath and be happy you can breath and feel that pain. This seems horrible right now, doesn't it? Back and forth blaming , yelling, so much anger. When the other doesn't mean half of what is being perceived.

We are a proud species..us humans. But right now I just wanna be me. I am hurt and it doesn't matter who or why because that just is not what its about. Blaming does not erase pain.Nothing does really. I will accept what has happened and try to accept it everyday. Amor Fati...What will happen is my destiny and I cannot control it. Isn't that what we are trying to do. Back and forth trying to convince and control the other. But lets not anymore okay... because its not possible and I have no more strength.

Amor Fati..thanks for telling me about it..now I can feel it and do it.
So remember everyone the good and bad get us where we want to be. The bad always fades away , its situational but great things like love tend to stay. So bask in that knowledge and love your fate!


No comments: