Tuesday, June 26, 2012

When you choose or are forced to eat gluten free one of the things you lose is the ease of eating. It becomes harder to just pull something out of the freezer and heat it up. Gone are the days or frozen burritos and other lazy snacks like that. Gluten free living involves a lot of preparation and cooking. I often find myself settling for raw fruits and veggies when I am tired and very hungry. However, more and more retailers are providing premade and frozen gluten free foods. Gluten free is more common now then it ever has been. Now it is easier to go to local health food stores and even grocery stores chains and find something gluten free. This to me is amazing because as a wife , student and soon to be worker , by the end of a lot of days I do not have time or will to cook food.

The last time I was at our local Whole foods ( a local natural ,organic health food store with an incredible amount of GF foods) I stumbled up Starlite Cuisines taquitos!! I was excited to say the least. Not only are the GF but they are also vegan. This is a hard combination to find because most vegan and vegetarian faux meats are made out of my arch enemy , vital wheat gluten. Anytime I find a gluten vegan combo I ALWAYS try it. They did an amazing job in both taste and texture.
While I am not one for eating pre-made food everyday , its a Godsend on my long days. They are perfect for a quick snack for your gluten free kiddos, a quick fix after a long night, or a great contributor to your GF vegan Mexican dinner night.


They are also much more healthy than your every day non GF taquito. They are Vegan, Gluten Free, Non GMO, Non Dairy, No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Rich in Protein, 100% Natural. Guilt free and easy!!

They come in imitation beef and chicken flavors!

Ingredients: Corn tortilla (white corn, water, lime), water, texturized soy flour, onion, mushroom, soy flour, cornstarch, yeast extract, salt, evaporated cane juice, salt, chili, cumin, thyme, natural spices, garlic powder, carrageenan, expeller pressed canola or soybean oil.


They can be found at local health food stores or one of my favorite gluten free online retailers, The GlutenFree mall ( which I will be reviewing later).

Give them a try!! This gluten free gal gives them five stars!!

Have a wonderfully gluten free day

1 comment:

Rachael said...

They look delicious!